At this point, you probably have at least a basic understanding of Thought Field Therapy (TFT) and how it works. But you may find yourself saying “This is for other people, not for me,” either because you think it won’t work, or because you don’t think you have any unresolved issues that TFT can help with.
If you’re on the fence, here are 10 signs you should give TFT a try:
- You have traumatic memories/PTSD. We really try to put as few limits as possible on what counts as a traumatic memory. We all react to things differently so something that is traumatic for someone else, may not be for you and vice versa. Traumatic memories could include things that happened decades ago, or from things happening to you currently. If you have PTSD, we have techniques specifically designed to help you manage and overcome your trauma.
- You have OCD. TFT can help you overcome obsessive compulsive tendencies and the emotional triggers of those tendencies.
- You have an addiction. TFT can be used to overcome many different addictions, including addictions to drugs, alcohol, and even food.
- You have an eating disorder. The unhealthy behaviors caused by eating disorders like Bulimia and Anorexia can be terrifying, overwhelming, and seemingly impossible to overcome. TFT goes back to the root problem and takes care of the trauma that triggered the eating disorder in the first place.
- You are struggling to lose weight. For many people, weight loss is a roller coaster and an incredibly emotionally, and potentially traumatic, journey. TFT can help to relieve impulsive eating as well as relieve the emotional stress that often holds people back in their weight loss journey.
- You have depression or anxiety. Traditional therapy often deals with depression and anxiety by talking at length about your feelings. And that works great for some people! Unfortunately, it doesn’t work for everyone. The good news? TFT can help you to manage your triggers without having to talk about them again and again.
- You have trouble sleeping. Insomnia is often tied directly to our emotions and stress levels. Again, TFT takes care of the root, the triggers, so that you can enjoy more peaceful sleep.
- You experience chronic pain. The number one reason people visit their doctor is for pain. Unfortunately, many of them experience side effects from the medications prescribed for pain management. With TFT, you can manage your pain and improve your quality of life without expensive (and risky) medications.
- You live or work in a high stress environment. This is especially useful for people in law enforcement but has also been successfully used by doctors and nurses, EMTs, and many other professionals. By learning the basic tapping patterns for stress, you’ll be able to incorporate TFT into your everyday life to help manage your stress level as things happen.
- Your pet has separation anxiety or is overly aggressive. Yes, really! TFT doesn’t just work for humans. It can be used on animals, too! If your pet experiences separation anxiety or explosive anger that makes them overly aggressive, consider giving TFT a try. You have nothing to lose and could drastically improve your pet’s life!
One of the biggest benefits to TFT is that you don’t have to schedule an appointment with a therapist every time you’re triggered by something. You can learn the techniques for yourself and then incorporate them into your everyday life, making it easier than ever to overcome your traumatic memories and emotional triggers. If you’re ready to dive in, visit this page to learn your first tapping pattern and experience the freedom it can bring.